Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thanks General Powell

I was not surprised by General Colin Powell’s endorsement to Barack Obama after all it is not a matter of race as some people in America justify it , may there is a race factor here but do not forget that republican General Powell was the moderate voice in the Bush administration that refused the invasion of Iraq and that’s why he did not continue with the rest of the neocons hawks there .

I was surprised with what he said about the Muslim Americans. Nobody asked him to say what he had said and believe me what he had said many people fear to say it in public there

what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, 'He's a Muslim and he might be associated terrorists.' This is not the way we should be doing it in America.

I think this means a lot to many Muslim Americans are very thankful to that man.

I am not American but I am thankful because for months now I feel that my religion was like a crime or something bad,yes I understand the background of this problem or this perception but it makes me angry because the republican party leaders attack us then they come to the Muslim World and praise us ,what makes me more angrier is how our rulers go and kiss the republican ass !!

Of course now the GOP starts their ill attack against Powell , you know if you look it through another angel they lost a republican and won a democrat named”Joseph Lieberman”

You heard the news that Powell is promised to be an advisor to Obama if he wins , I think it will be great because you got experience and more important a moderate voice but I am not sure if Biden and Powell will go along in foreign affairs.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog but you should do a bit more research when you talk about American politics, because you often don't know what you are talking about. If Powell was so moderate why didn't he say anything about the Iraq war when he had a chance?

    Powell will have no signifigant role in an Obama administration. It will be token at best. Obama probably has 300 "advisors"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jim , who told you that Powell did not express his refusal to the invasion decision but of course he was one voice against a bunch of neocons in the Bush cabinet
    It was well known and announced especially after when he left the cabinet ,check the wikipedia page I found out that they summarized in an excellent way
    Do not underestimate the role of the advisers especially with someone like Powell

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.