Tuesday, December 3, 2013

#RIP Ahmed Fouad Negm (1929-2013)

The Fagomi has passed away :(
Renowned Egyptian Poet Ahmed Fouad Negm has passed away earlier this morning after long controversial life full of revolutionary poems. His funeral will start soon in Cairo at Al Hussein Mosque. I do not know
what to say now except I represent my deepest condolences to his family especially his daughter Nawara Negm.
Through his life Negm refused to be the regime's poet insisting to be the voice of the poor and the oppressed and I think this is why he will be remembered more than any poet in our time.
Let's respect death for God sake.
Ahmed Fouad Negm has gone but his poems and songs remain as the words of the revolutionaries not only in Egypt but across the world. Here is a collection of his poems translated to English. 
I will be storifying his funeral.


2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, it is the first time I know that Ahmed fo2ad negm is dead :(
    I'm really sad for this, and sad more because the media didn't give it attention.
    God forgive him and forgive el sheikh imam too.
    واتجمعوا العشاق

    ReplyDelete
  2. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.